Sunday, May 1, 2011

1 version of Chicken Salad Sandwiches


The onion rings from the previous post went amazing with these chicken salad melts!

Sadly i do not know where i got this recipe.....

You will need:
1 1/2 cup cooked diced chicken
1/2 cup mayonnaise or miracle whip
2 tbsp green pepper, onion, and olives chopped
2 tbsp sweet relish
sliced cheese

Directions:
1: Dice chicken and then cook in olive oil. Season with S&P and all seasonall. Saute onions with the chicken. When finished drain and put in bowl.
2: Mix in mayo and sweet relish (in my opinion the sweet relish really makes this sandwich and makes it a lil different compared to other chicken salad sandwiches.
3: Put on bread, hoagie, etc with sliced cheese on top then broil for 5 minutes.

At my house Simon likes mayo and i like miracle whip, so i will split the chicken into two boils. I dont like green pepper or olives in mine just the onion so that is your preference. Then i will just put on bread and enjoy. It doesnt take more than 20 minutes to get everything done if your chicken is unthawed. By dicing it you cut the time down on cooking.
I do have a picture, that happens to be on my other computer, that i can post of the actual melt. Will do so later!
So this version is a warm chicken salad. I will later post a chilled chicken salad that i got my from my cousin!


Enjoy!!

No comments: