Sunday, May 20, 2012

The "B" Date Night



Well hello all!! I will warn you this is kind of long, but full of pics and really fun!!
Ive been kind of lacking in our date nights. We usually just end up going to dinner and coming home because we have both worked all day and are exhausted.
So I have found/come up with some great date ideas that I am so excited about because 1- they are easy to plan 2- they can be cheap or expensive and 3- they can be fast or long. 


So this date night we are calling the "B" Date Night.
First off you have to type up the letters of the alphabet and put in a baggy or container. ( I of course took out the ridiculous letters like Q, X, U, etc)
I then had my co-worker draw a letter for me because I was trying to plan this Thursday for Friday night. (Then later talking to Simon it is probably better to not have the other spouse/significant other draw the letter anyway.. That way it is a complete secret and the spouse/significant other has to guess the letter.) 
So as you can guess the letter was "B".
So i started jotting down restaurants that start with B:
Blue Lemon (one of my favorites but we have been there a lot)
Blue Plate Diner in Sugarhouse. (we have been there once, fantastic!)
Big Sals (downtown at City Creek, great!!)
Blue Iguana (Mexican downtown, but not sure if i want to go downtown)
Burger King (yuck!)
B&D Burger ( on 7800 S and State street, super good!!)
Blimpie (hmm haven't been there awhile and its cheap!!)
Betos ( cheap Mexican but not sure if that sounds good)

Well Blimpie won!!!

Next I started jotting down Activities:
Bowling (obvious choice)
Band (not quite sure where to do that)
Basketball ( that could be fun )
Batting Cages!! (simon would never guess this cause he knows im to scared)

Batting Cages Won!!!



Then for the best part.... Dessert! I decided on Baskin Robbins. So that was a pretty easy choice.

Finally, for a movie I decided on just doing one at home:
The Blind Side, Blue Crush, Bedtime Stories, Bolt, Bridge to Terabithia, Bringing down the house, Big Daddy, Baby Mama.... Well i bought The Blind Side for Christmas and have never seen it so decided on that!

Now for putting it all together.....
I laid out clothes for Simon to wear that start with B--- Blue Jeans, Blue shirt, Black hoodie, Black Shoes.
For myself i work Blue Jeans, Black Shirt, Black shoes, Black coat

However ( i happened to go online and check out the menu beforehand), for Dinner you have to order something starting with a B. So Simon ordered the Blimpie Best with Baked Lays and Blackberry smoothie. I ordered Beef, Turkey and Cheddar with Baked Lays and a Blackberry Lemonade. Total of 20 dollars!
Whats left of my Beef Turkey and Cheddar, Lays and Berry Lemonade

Neither of us are becoming pro anytime soon
As we are driving to the activity Simon guesses Boondocks!! (hmm never thought of that) I just smile and say you will see. As we keep driving he says Boondocks Batting Cage. So now I'm giggling more cause he is right on the batting cage part.... Then as i keep driving he says... "Batting Cage at Mulligans... nah you would never do a batting cage!" So now I'm just smirking. But yup we sure did!! It was fun and neither of us have ever done one. Total of 5 dollars!

I was sooo nervous!!
As we drive to the next place he asks what is the subject title of the next stop... Of course i would not tell him but as soon as we pulled into the parking lot he guessed Baskin Robbins. He ordered Banana Royal with Butter pecan ice cream. I ordered Brownie Fudge Sundae. Total of 8 dollars.

Delish!!
I hate that he can get away with eating that much ice cream
!!
On our way home he is getting all into the B theme and is making this annoying sound and says " Is that Bugging you?" "Is that Bothersome?" I'm just laughing then I reply " Stop Being Bothersome or I'm gonna Bop you!" We are just cracking up!!

Finally, we get home and I pull out Blind Side and he is excited. It was a great movie. Then he says, "Guess what we can do after the movie?" I'm stumped and I say, "Bond?" and he said "go to Bed!"

All in all it was a great date night that was low cost, quick and easy to plan!!
Total Price= 33 dollars. Time spent together making memories= Priceless!
He is excited to plan one himself now!!

Please comment if you do this date and what letter you get and what you did so that it can give everyone great ideas!! :) Have fun dating!!

3 comments:

Diane said...

I love this idea Tierra. You rock. If and when I ever get another significant other we will have to do this. Love you Di

Jessica :) said...

Cute idea! I really like that it was pretty inexpensive. It seems like you could spend an awful lot on dates. I love themed dates. I personally enjoy them more than just dinner and a movie. Dan doesn't care as much but I enjoy them so we still do them. :) I am curious what you'll wear with other letters of the alphabet (like "t"). We'll have to do something like this. We haven't been on a date in months!

Unknown said...

I love the alphabet idea! Sounded like a fun night! Thank you for the idea!! Amber